system user and grant

From: Fred Ruffet <fruffet_at_kaptech.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 14:20:33 +0200

Hi,

I've just install a new Oracle8 Database, and I'd like to know something : Is it normal that the system user can't grant privileges to other users.

I've created two users : Superman and Batman.
I've created a table with the Superman user.
I'd like to grant Batman the right to proceed to selects on the table.
System can't but Superman did it... I don't understand why (maybe it's because it's Superman...)

Just another thing : Is it possible that a user selects a table from another whithout specifying the name of the owner. I mean, for example, is it possible for Batman to do
" select * from friends; "

instead of
" select * from superman.friends; "

if Superman is owner of the friends table ?

Thanks,
--

Frédéric Ruffet - fruffet_at_kaptech.com Received on Tue Jul 27 1999 - 07:20:33 CDT