Re: Mail merging to MS Word

From: Jason Lester <jasonl_at_sysao.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:30:17 GMT

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999 14:48:10 +0100, Claire Moore <claire.moore_at_capgemini.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am trying to create some mail merge letters in MS Word & need to find
>out if there is any easy way to do this. Ideally we would like to create
>the mail merge letters automatically without the user seeing any of the
>nasty stuff.
>
>At the moment, I am doing a mail merge by creating a text file from
>Oracle & then opening Word & using an Autonew Word macro to open up the
>text file & do the merge. This is fine when the text files etc are
>stored locally, but now I am having to create multiple letters on a
>shared drive & will have problems with file naming if I use the same
>approach. Does anyone have any ideas ?? Are there any Microsoft or
>Oracle built-in tools that allow mail merging??
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Claire

I guess there is a reason you posted tis to an Oracle group. What are you using the mail merge for?? There are a number of Oracle products that handle mail merge, ADE (Application data export) and the Sales and Marketing module, for example.
An idea of what you are trying to achieve might help a recomendation.

Jason Received on Mon Jul 26 1999 - 10:30:17 CDT