listener problem with Oracle 8.0.5 under Linux

From: Aurelien Girard <agirard_at_eyrolles.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:37:16 +0200

I run Oracle 8.0.5 under a RedHat5.2 linux distribution on an internet server (Apache 1.3.6 with php3 support) Oracle (and apache) just works fine but I can't acces the database from my brwoser because of an Oracle login error. I believe this error comes from the listener because even if it's not started, I get the same error (error n°12545)
The weirdest thing is that sometimes (but it's quite rare) just restarting both the listener and apache will make it work ! I just don't understand where the problem comes from. Please, help me. Received on Mon Jul 26 1999 - 05:37:16 CDT