Re: Autostart Oracle Server on NT

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:25:21 -0400

There's alledgedly three ways to do it without supplying the password, two of which I know work:

  1. Under the ORACLE registry key, add a sub-key called DBA_AUTHORIZATION. For Oracle7.3, set the value to "BYPASS". For Oracle8, set it to the INTERNAL password.
  2. Add the user that the OracleStartSID service runs under to the OSDBA group (??? or is it DBA???, can't remember). You'll probably have to manually create the group. Check the "Getting Started" to be sure on the group name.
  3. Supposedly, you can do this using a password file (plus a specific setting in the init.ora), but I don't believe I've ever actually gotten that to work.

Regards,

--
David C. Sisk
Need tech info on Oracle? Visit The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site at http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/oont.htm Like original music? Listen to song samples and buy a CD at http://www.mp3.com/disparityofcult