Re: Need advice on SQL*Plus Command - ACCEPT

From: cecil stradford <cstradford_at_assetworks.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 18:18:17 -0400

Kate, try this as a test and see if this is getting you in the ballpark of where you are trying to be. If so, modify to actually "do = something"
with the variable besides display it. And, good luck!

set serveroutput on head off verify off PROMPT Please enter the customer's name : accept v_cust_name
select '&v_cust_name' || ' ' || 'is your ACCEPTED name' from dual; set serveroutput off head on verify on

CS jr.

Kate < iktsui_at_learn.senecac.on.ca> wrote in message news:379A4BF8.ACD0BB4D_at_learn.senecac.on.ca...

Thanks Sybrand.

Kate

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

You need to 'escape' them. Put an extra quote before every quote and a double quote before every double quote Hth,Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Kate < iktsui_at_learn.senecac.on.ca> wrote in message news:379A28FC.49CAACB3_at_learn.senecac.on.ca...Hi,

I'm a college student now taking an Oracle course, and I have a problem in displaying the following sentence using ACCEPT command : -

        Please enter the customer's name :

I cannot use single quote/apostrophe, nor double quotes in the prompt.

Can anyone please help me? Thanks

Kate Received on Sun Jul 25 1999 - 17:18:17 CDT