Autostart Oracle Server on NT

From: Yat-Fan <fan.ho_at_alumni.ust.hk>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 15:15:06 +0800

Hi all,

I am using Oracle 7.3 and 8.0 on NT. With Oracle server set to automatic start, I see that there is a file
strtTEL1.cmd (where TEL1 is the SID) under orant\database\ with content similar to the following:

c:\orant\bin\oradim80.exe -startup -sid TEL1 -usrpwd password -starttype srvc,inst -pfile c:\orant\database\inittel1.ora

The password "password" of Oracle internal is exposed! I wonder what should be done to avoid this while still enjoying autostart.

For manual startup and shutdown, we are using an operator ID granted with SYSOPER privilege.

Many thanks.

Rgds.,
fan (Yat-Fan HO).
(KCRC, Hong Kong)