Re: PL/SQL help needed

From: Paul Q <paulq_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 01:46:43 GMT

Your updating every row twice with its own values. Your update does not reference the data from the cursor. something like below should work.

Declare

CURSOR some_policies IS
SELECT p.policy_number, p.policy_date_time FROM policy p, register_cur rc
WHERE p.policy_number = rc.policy_number AND p.renewal_code = 1
AND rc.status_1 = 5;
R1 some_policies%rowtype;

BEGIN
OPEN SOME_POLICIES; LOOP
  FETCH C1 INTO R1;
  EXIT WHEN C1%NOTFOUND;
  UPDATE policy p
SET non_renewal_reason = 'I'
WHERE p.policy_number = R1. policy_number AND P.policy_date_time = R1.policy_date_time;

end loop;
commit;
end;