Re: [Q] Hierarchical Data Query

From: Nitin Dahiya <ndahiya_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 20:29:48 +0200

can your tree have more than one roots ? does connect by prior work properly in these circumstances ?

you could write a recursive function to do the job.

function rootCN(vCN)
vpar varchar2;
begin

    select parent_CN into vpar from tablexx where vCN=CN;     if vpar is null then

        return vCN;
    else return rootCN(vpar);
    end if;
end;