Re: HELP! 8i and Developer

From: <bhattpranav_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 20:02:40 GMT

If you are getting a message "no interface driver connected" then probably your frontend is not getting database connectivity. Check out the files listner.ora and tnsnames.ora (probably the listner must not have started). The message must be from the TNS. Pranav

In article <379669E8.FC397B9D_at_ieee.org>,   brenogomes_at_ieee.org wrote:
> --------------E9FA5D664672DD22A2B06235
>
> Hello,
>
> I performed a fresh installation of MS-Windows NT Server 4.0, Oracle8i
> Enterprise Edition 8.1.5.0.0 and Oracle Developer 2.1.
>
> SQL*Plus and other 8i tools are working fine.
>
> Please help me with these questions:
>
> 1) Where can I manage database related tasks, equivalent to Oracle8
> Enterprise Manager?
>
> 2) 8i home is OraHome81. Developer installer with uses DEFAULT_HOME
and
> is not compatible with new Oracle Universal installer.
> Forms gives me "ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function
not
> performed" when trying to connect.
> How can it be fixed or diagnosed?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --------------E9FA5D664672DD22A2B06235
>
> begin:vcard
> n:Gomes;Breno de Avellar
> tel;cell:+351 931 7383469
> tel;work:+351 931 7383469
> x-mozilla-html:FALSE
> org:Arquivo-Sistemas de Bases de Dados;Consulting
> adr:;;P. O. Box 5006;Porto;;4017-001;Portugal
> version:2.1
> email;internet:brenogomes_at_ieee.org
> title:DBMS Developer
> note:ICQ # 35567342
> fn:Breno de Avellar Gomes
> end:vcard
>
> --------------E9FA5D664672DD22A2B06235--

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 23 1999 - 15:02:40 CDT