how to modify a CHECK column-constrait ?

From: Ruud Schmeitz <R.Schmeitz_at_MEMIC.UNIMAAS.NL>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:55:29 +0200

Hi readers,

After working for more than 10 year with DEC's (now Oracle's) Rdb, we're now converting our databases to Oracle.

I've found 2 annoying problems. According to the SQL Reference Manual (Oracle 7.3 and 8.0) it is not possible to:

  1. modify an existing CHECK column-constraint;
  2. drop a column from a table;

Is this really true (I just hope it ain't) ? Are there any work-arounds ?

Kind regards and TIA,

"Live Long and Prosper" - Spock
"And let Wisdom be your Guide" - Spock's brother

Ruud Schmeitz
Universiteit Maastricht Received on Fri Jul 23 1999 - 08:55:29 CDT