Re: in () max expression list...

From: Jacqui Caren <Jacqui.Caren_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 10:12:29 GMT

In article <3797129E.2297_at_yahoo.com>,
Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>Jacqui Caren Jacqui Caren wrote:
>>
>> In article <FEz0GL.98G_at_ig.co.uk>, Jacqui Caren <jacqui_at_ig.co.uk> wrote:
>> >
>> >I remember from the good ol' oracle7 days that
>> >you were limited to circa 256 entries with a
>> > fieldname IN ( ...)
>> >expression list.
>> >
>> So does anyone have knowledge of the limit (if any)
>> with and 08 server?
>>
>A simple test would be:

I have no problem running that sort of test - some tables on certain databases have large numbers of records... :-)

What I was after was a reference to a limit for the O8 in general. Call be pedantic but just because this version of oracle happens to support a N length expression list does not mean that the next version will do so. I have to ensure that applications will not break because of bad assumptions.

I suppose a call to oracle support is in order - but even they are not know to be infallible...

So if anyone knows what the limit (if any) for O8 is, and/or can point me towards towards the appropriate docs/references I would be most gratefull.

Jacqui
--
Paul Ingram Group Ltd,140A High Street,Godalming GU7 1AB United Kingdom Email: J.Caren_at_ig.co.uk Fax: +44 1483 419419 Phone: +44 1483 424424 A rather special Perl vacancy :-) http://www.ig.co.uk/about/jobs.html Use SmartCards in e-commerce systems? http://www.smartaxis.com/ Received on Fri Jul 23 1999 - 05:12:29 CDT