Re: Sound and Image: BLOB vs. Long Raw

From: Dogan Cibiceli <dcib_at_gwl.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:17:22 -0600

Actually it is pretty easy. Suppose you have a table called sounds where sound_id is a unique field ( preferably generated using a sequence) something user don't have to see and description VARCHAR2(30) and data where it is along raw. Open your forms 5.0 and create a data block based on this table. Create a layout. Then for the data item specify that it is a sound item in the property palette. then specify what you want to enable ( you should see options in the bottom of property palette). Play button, forward, fast forward bla bla... Then you would probably wanna put a data into it so you should have a button or something similiar that executes a PL/SQL statements to load a sound file into the data. like click on the button and open a file dialog and choose a sound file and then load it in. The rest is history.

Dogan