Sizing rollback segments?

From: David Van Zandt <dvanzandt_at_iquest.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 06:06:31 -0500

I raised an ORA-1555 yesterday (rollback space too small for transaction) on one database, and "solved" it by creating an additional (and larger) segment. Next I turned to my handy Oracle Press DBA guide, and my eyes glazed within 30 seconds....

Can anyone please steer me toward a "more better" source on resizing segments? There have been some significant changes to a number of schemas, and my knowlege of tweaking the INITsid.ORA is hit or miss.

TIA,
Dave VZ
Alcoa Engineered Products Received on Thu Jul 22 1999 - 06:06:31 CDT