Oracle vs. Progress

From: JB <jbach_at_parts-unltd.cm>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:25:32 -0500

Hi all

We're on the verge of rolling out a new Warehouse Management System. One finalist (my vote) bases their app on an Oracle db. The other finalist (boo hiss) bases their app on Progress. So far, the most most common response has been "Who's Progress?" But beyond that no one has been able to offer me advice or opinions on which db is better (better in a general high level sense of the word). Is there someone out there who can offer 25 words (or so) on Progress vs Oracle?
tia
JB Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 16:25:32 CDT