How do I select distinct values when user executes query?

From: John Smithy <me_at_me.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 18:23:31 GMT

Hi,

I know this is probably dumb. I have a single table with all my data. One column is called ship_no. For each ship_no, there are many rows. So when a user queries on this, he/she will see many rows for each ship_no. I have this table divided into three blocks. The master block just has ship_no. The details are in the other blocks. The user will query on ship_no. I only want to display the unique value. Can someone help me out? I am a new Oracle Developer.

Thanks,
John Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 13:23:31 CDT