Q about TRUCATE command within stored procedure

From: IIFThen <msessions_at_aldensys.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:45:45 -0500

Within a stored procedure, is there a FAST way to do the following:

(1) delete rows
(2) insert rows
(3) update rows

Is it possible to use the TRUNCATE command in a stored proc? The DELETE command is too slow for bulk deletes. I tried the following:

replacing DELETE FROM "tablename" with TRUNCATE TABLE "tablename" within my SP.

Get error.

Is it because TRUNCATE is a DDL command? Is there another alternative to delete bulk data within SP?

I don't know a faster replacement for INSERT and UPDATE for bulk data within an SP.

IIFThen Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 12:45:45 CDT