Re: Problems migrating from Access 97 to Oracle 8

From: <armando333_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 15:30:26 GMT

In article <7mfe7o$bb8$1_at_jaydee.iway.fr>,   "dev" <dev_at_nextmedia.fr> wrote:
> I am trying to move an Access 97 database to Oracle 8. I have tried to
use
> the migrating assistant provided with Oracle, it asks me what database
> want to migrate, but whatever Access database I choose, it crashes,
telling
> me an unknown error occured with (-2147220908) as return code.
> Anybody got an idea about it ?
> Or an other solution for an easy migration of the structure and data
of an
> Access database to Oracle ?
>
> --
> A bientôtEnlever le ~ pour une réponse
> formateurs@~nextmedia.frhttp://www.nextmedia.fr

I had a similar problem. I just imported the structures using the migration assistant and imported the data later on. This way it did not crash at all.

But if you still crashing... then you may want to manually create the structures and later attach the oracle tables to the access mdb file using ODBC driver and use an append query to insert all those access table data to your oracle database.

If you do not have an ODBC driver, you could export your data to some form of delimited text file and use the oracle loader to get your data in your tables.

Hope these lines are helpful to you.

Armando

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 10:30:26 CDT