object and nested table

From: Myriam LAMOLLE <lamolle_at_irit.fr>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:30:45 +0200

Hello,

Excuse me for my bad english...
I have a "great" problem!
I would like create an object data type PEOPLE with an attribute "CHILDREN" which is a set of PEOPLE.
Does Oracle manage the recursivity like O2 ? In O2, I write : class PEOPLE public type tuple

                            ( name    : string,
                              surname : string,
                              children : set(PEOPLE) )
                        end;

but in Oracle, it seems very difficult. Can you suggest me to implement this example in Oracle V8.

Thanks

Please send answer to lamolle_at_irit.fr

Myriam Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 10:30:45 CDT