Oracle Internet Directory questions

From: Paul Bais <paul_at_a1.nl>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:14:42 +0200

Hi all,

I work at a small ISP in the Netherlands. We're considering to start using OID. There's some questions that I'd like answered first however :)

Is it possible/adviceable to use a seperate database for customers and use part of that table as the database that's used by the OID components? (by use of a mask)
Or would it be better to transfer the entire customer database to the OID standard. That is, make a LDAP scheme for all customer data?

Is there an LDAP client implementation that includes SSL yet? I know Openldap will release a v2.0 that's both LDAP v3 and SSL compatible (scheduled for Q3).

Greetings
Paul Bais Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 09:14:42 CDT