Re: Remove Oracle 8.0.5 for WinNT

From: fumi <fumi_at_tpts5.seed.net.tw>
Date: 21 Jul 1999 04:38:24 GMT

<sshark97_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:7mv3bv$q34$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> How do I remove Oracle 8.0.5 cleanly from my WinNT 4.0? I used the
> remove/add programs option but it doesn't clean itself entirely. If I
> remove it 'forcefully' using Explorer it gives me share volation error
> message.
>
> Thanks
>
> /lim/

First, shutdown Oracle. (It causes the error message you got) Then, delete the oracle directory.
Use REGEDIT.EXE to remove the following registries:

    HKCU\Software\Oracle    (maybe not exists)
    HKLM\Software\Oracle
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Oracle*    (This remove the item from Services
in the Control Panel)

You'd better restart Windows NT. Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 23:38:24 CDT