Re: sqlplus problem

From: <waikhuan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 02:36:00 GMT

I think you have mistaken me, the SELECT statement that I used is without the 'where' clause. The table that I mentioned was created on the server, so there is no problem for me to issue a SELECT statement there. But when I access the table in the server using oracle client, I get no error message but only 'no rows selected' which actually got data in it. I assume that there shouldn't be a problem with the table because if the table name is wrong, then there will be error message in return. I have also double check the TNSNAMES.ORA on the client and I don't find any problem at all, the database I am connecting to is SAMPLE. Below is the copy of TNSNAMES.ORA. Please help. Thanks.

# C:\ORACLE\ORA81\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA Configuration File:c:\Oracle\Ora81\NETWORK\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora # Generated by Oracle Net8 Assistant

ORACLE.PG.HHITS.COM =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = peterboro)(PORT = 1521))     )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVICE_NAME = SAMPLE)
    )
  )

In article <7n25or$vke$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   rspeaker_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> 'no rows selected' indicates that you are "seeing" the table, but no
> records are matching your search criteria. Double-check your 'where'
> clause, if any, as well as your tablename. Also maybe double check
the
> TNSNAMES.ORA entry on the client, to make sure you are actually
> connecting to the database you think you are. Finally, if you can,
log
> on to the server and run the query directly to see if your results are
> different. If you are using a 'where' clause, is it feasible to run
> the query without it, as a test?

> HTH,
> Roy

> In article <7n1dfu$mhg$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> waikhuan_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Hi, I have just installed Oracle8i Enterprise Edition 8.1.5.0.0
> (server)
> > and Oracle8i Enterprise for client in another computer. When I try
> > run SqlPlus from the client to connect to the server database, it
> works.
> > However, when I issue a SELECT statement from the client Sqlplus to
> > access one of the table(with data) from the database resided in the
> > server. It returns me "no rows selected". I cann't see the data at
> > all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 21:36:00 CDT