Re: Transfering Records To Another Table

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 20:41:54 GMT

Hi.
 Do you copy your data from server to client and then sending it  back to server ( insert to another table ).  If that's the case - it is NOT the best way to do things.  You have to create a stored procedure on server and call it  from Developer by passing parameters.
 Is it possible for you to post a table definitions and the  description of parameters ( what you have to copy )?

 Michael.

In article <WbFk3.1353$yX1.50822_at_news.oh.voyager.net>,   <lili96ilil_at_aol.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a form that will allow the user to type in a
value to
> query a table. Then, all through triggers, I want the queried data
to be
> plugged into another table. Right now I'm using the Forms Designer
to go
> about this. Is this the most efficient way? Please be specific.
Also,
> including Oracle commands I would have to use would be helpful.
>
> Also, I'm using Developer/2000 Forms Designer 4.5. I'm new to the
Oracle
> programming language. I know in Visual Basic, you can use the
> Object1.Setfocus command to change the focus of an object during run-
time.
> Is there a command in the Oracle language that will allow me to do
the same
> thing?
>
> One more... Are there any resources out there that compare Oracle
commands
> to Visual Basic commands to help the person who knows VB but is new to
> Oracle?
>
> Courtney

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 15:41:54 CDT