Re: sqlplus problem

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:48:48 GMT

'no rows selected' indicates that you are "seeing" the table, but no records are matching your search criteria. Double-check your 'where' clause, if any, as well as your tablename. Also maybe double check the TNSNAMES.ORA entry on the client, to make sure you are actually connecting to the database you think you are. Finally, if you can, log on to the server and run the query directly to see if your results are different. If you are using a 'where' clause, is it feasible to run the query without it, as a test?

HTH,
Roy

In article <7n1dfu$mhg$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   waikhuan_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi, I have just installed Oracle8i Enterprise Edition 8.1.5.0.0
(server)
> and Oracle8i Enterprise for client in another computer. When I try to
> run SqlPlus from the client to connect to the server database, it
works.
> However, when I issue a SELECT statement from the client Sqlplus to
> access one of the table(with data) from the database resided in the
> server. It returns me "no rows selected". I cann't see the data at
> all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 10:48:48 CDT