service name

From: Dan <dan_at_onshare.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:41:04 -0400

When I set up Oracle, I specified a DB name, and this appears in the init ora file.

However, I can only connect to the database by leaving the service name blank. So far this hasn't been a problem, but i could see it as an issue for networking and other things.

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Dan Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 10:41:04 CDT