Oracle 8 & Dev. 2.1 in Win 98

From: N. Steffens <nsteffens_at_advantage.nl>
Date: 20 Jul 1999 15:28:26 GMT

Hi there,

I sure hope U can help me....
I'm trying to install Personal Oracle 8 and Developer 2.1 so that I can develope my appl. at home.

Installing it all isn't a problem at all, but getting it work is more difficult.
I'm running Win '98 and everything installs ok. SQLPLUS works great and logs on into the database without any problems. But when I try to connect for example Forms Designer then it just doesn't work. It won't connect to my db.

Now I've been trying to do all kinda things with NET8 en SQLnet but still they will not communicate to each other.

Can someone help me? Or has someone any info. Or maybe the right tnsname, sqlnet and listener.ora files?

BTW when I try to start the listener from the dos prompt (lsnrctl80) It fails (A real nice Windows protection error, who doesn't know them?)

Any info would help..

Thanks in advance,

Niels Steffens. Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 10:28:26 CDT