Re: Database Job Survey

From: john <john_at_spam.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 13:44:23 GMT

John Jensen wrote:

> I've set up a search engine to crunch the daily job listings from
> misc.jobs.offered and misc.jobs.contract. I'm hoping that with
> cross-postings and such they'll be a representative sample of the job
> market. I'm currently counting references to Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase,
> IBM DB2, Informix and Powerbuilder. I build a daily bar graph of the
> results:
>
> http://www.robojob.com/data.html
>
> I'd be interested in your feedback and suggestions.
>
> John

under the operating systems tab, you list windows, windows95, windows NT etc. Does the first category, "windows" include all the others? if so, the numbers don't add up.

also, your definitions; "Visual Basic is Microsoft's application scripting language. ".

Visual Basic is not a scripting language, you may want to re-write some of your definitions. Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 08:44:23 CDT