auto start/stop of database on Solaris reboot?

From: Mark Fearer <mfearer_at_mail.fearernet.com>
Date: 19 Jul 1999 21:03:21 GMT

I have been having mixed results getting oracle databases to shutdown properly when a SUN/Solaris machine is rebooted. I am using the suggested K99aspect shutdown script which calls the /oracle/7.3.4/bin/dbshut script. This scripts works as designed manually, but does not execute when the server is shutdown.

I've tried putting the link to K99aspect in either rc2.d or rc3.d, but neither works every time reliably.

Can anyone please offer a more reliable way to ensure the oracle databases get shutdown if someone reboots the server without manually shutting down the databases before hand.

--

Mark Fearer                        *   C:\DOS
mfearer_at_mail.fearernet.com         *   C:\DOS\RUN