Re: Oracle8/Linux Install Problem

From: Brian E. Lavender <brian_at_darkstar.brie.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:57:00 GMT

try debian
http://www.brie.com/linux/oracle_on_linux.html

brian
Grace Tsai <gtsai_at_bnl.gov> wrote:
: I have been trying to install Oracle8 8.0.5 from CDROM to Linux with
: RedHat 5.2 and glibc 2.0.7-29.

: The installation failed with the following error message generated by
: Installer:

: An operating system error occurred while trying to spawn
: "ORACLE_HOME/bin/otrccref" while redirecting output to 'i ^^ ' (File
: exists)...

: I checked the "os.log" in ORACLE_HOME/orainst/, the first error message
: shows that a file ORACLE_HOME/bin/uilibmerge could not be found.

: Here is the exact error message in "os.log"

: ----[ oracore_common.ins 510 ]----
: Action: Merging specific libraries ...
: Command: (ORACLE_HOME/bin/uilibmerge ORACLE_HOME oracore),
: out=ORACLE_HOME/orainst/os.log, Err=ORACLE_HOME/orainst/os.log

: sh: ORACLE_HOME/bin/uilibmerge: No such file or directory
: ((OIERR-SYSTEM: ORACLE_HOME/bin/uilibmerge ORACLE_HOME oracore ))

: I couldnt find this "uilibmerge" file anywhere, even in CDROM.
: Please help me. Thanks.

: Grace Tsai
: Brookhaven National Lab

--