Analyze Index and INDEX_STATS

From: Dipen Kotecha <dkotecha_at_ford.invalid>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:36:59 +0200

We have a field called CHANGED on a table, and it has only two values, '1' or NULL. When I use :

SELECT index_name, distinct keys from user_indexes WHERE index_name = 'CHANGED_IDX';

I get a value of 2 for the distinct keys, which is correct.

But if I use ANALYZE INDEX CHANGED_IDX VALIDATE STRUCTURE;

and then select distinct_keys from INDEX_STATS I get 934 for the same index!!

Does the distinct_keys in INDEX_STATS refer to something else or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dipen Kotecha Received on Mon Jul 19 1999 - 09:36:59 CDT