Using Oracle 7.3 client DLLs with Oracle 8 NT servers.

From: 4 <patrick.degeynst_at_ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:55:49 +0200

We have just installed Oracle 8 on our NT server but want to use 7.3 client DLLs when we connect via SQL*Net. This something we want to do because we are using the Forte programming environment. This can be done by adding a registry of...

file://HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE/ ORAOCI = 'ora73.dll'

to the NT server. This seems to be working OK and when a client connects for the first time five message dialogs appear on the server saying things like ora73.dll has been loaded and that function calls are being deferred to a previous version.

The problem for us is the db session connect is blocked while these dialogs remain on the screen. The connection is not completed until all five dialogs are clicked away.

Is there a setting in Oracle to make these messages log to a file or something but more importantly so the dialogs are not displayed. Received on Mon Jul 19 1999 - 05:55:49 CDT