Oracle 8.05, SHMMAX and Linux

From: hicks <dneuro_at_msn.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 23:05:00 -0500

Hi all:

I am wanting to install Oracle 8.05 on a Linux Box (red hat 5.1). Let me say upfront that I am relatively new to linux (this will soon be obvious to you) I'll be damned if I can figure out where to specify some crucial variable (SHMMAX, SHMMIN, SHMMNI etc.....). In solaris there is a /etc/system file which can be edited, but I can find nothing similar in Linux.....Am I supposed to edit these into the kernel ?? if so how ??
Any/all help is greatly appreciated

David
dneuro_at_msn.com Received on Sun Jul 18 1999 - 23:05:00 CDT