Re: JDBC Thin Client Problems

From: David Crooke <dave_at_dcc.vu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 02:33:12 GMT

Under Windows different things use different sources for the CLASSPATH. Sun's JDK uses "CLASSPATH" from the environment; Microsoft's stuff sometimes uses the registry (e.g. their VM) and sometimes CLASSPATH (I think jvc uses this). Triple check that Visual Age is getting the right CLASSPATH. Also, the ClassForName should not hang even if the CLASSPATH does not include it, it should throw a "ClassNotFound" exception. Perhaps a bug in Visual Age??

I have had no problems using Oracle thin drivers in many envrionments, including MS and Sun VM's on NT, Sun JDK on Solaris and Blackdown on Linux.

Dave

--
David Crooke, Austin TX, USA. +1 (512) 656 6102 "Open source software - with no walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?" Received on Sun Jul 18 1999 - 21:33:12 CDT