Transactions and MDI-Developing

From: Nicolas Bronke <news_at_TRINITY.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 18:02:30 +0200

Following problem:

Oracle knows only one transaction. Therefore a commit or rollback removes all locks, changes every data etc.

If I develop a SDI (single form app.) that is no problem. But if I develop a MDI (multi form app.) it could happens that two forms are open, both lock records. But if one of the forms send a commit or rollback all locks are removed! Not only of the current form.

Does anybody knows about that problem and has a kind of recommendation? I try to disallow editing in more than one form at the same time.

Kindest regards
Nicolas Bronke Received on Sun Jul 18 1999 - 11:02:30 CDT