Re: Visual Basic

From: Martin Douglas <Martin.Douglas_at_Boeing.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 05:17:28 GMT

RDO, ODBC-Direct, and ADO fall short in some critical areas where VB comes into the picture. One such important item is the ability to call packaged stored procedures that return cursor refs. There is a laundry list of others. OO4O is the way to go until Microsoft quits its accidental? omission of critical Oracle interface features in its MDAC specification. The drawback of OO4O is that the clients become uncomfortably dependent on proprietary / nonstandard API's (namely Oracle's OCI). It's a hard call to make universally.