Re: Banking application

From: A.W. Groeneveld <awgroeneveld_at_altavista.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 23:15:12 +0200

I think you have a lot waiting !!

Depending on when you're going to Develop, Oracle 8i, Designer 6.5, Developer 6 and Headstart would be a very nice way but is very new technology.

If you don't need the 8i features, 8.0.5 would be a fine path (using Designer 2.1.2 or soon 6). Headstart improves quality of development and helps you with your development.

The Oracle Apps products you mention are part of Oracle Apps (Oracle's ERP applications).

I think yo're in a to premature stadium to advice you.

Oracle Dev tools are very good if you're handling large amounts of data. However, although generation with Designer has major advantages is als has drawbacks.

I could write pages and pages but I think some (Oracle) consultancy @ your place would be a much better option.

Regards,

Art Groeneveld
Oracle Systems Designer