Re: Visual Basic

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:51:16 +0200

Hi Thava,
You have three options:
1 ODBC (needs sqlnet). Not recommended if Oracle is the only database you are going to use
2 RDO in Visual Basic. Works for both sqlserver and Oracle. Probably needs sqlnet.
3 Oracle Objects for Ole, the Oracle implementation of RDO. Definitely needs sqlnet.
Of course 3 is supposed to be the most efficient, while native.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA