oracle vldb on windows nt

From: attwoody <attwoody_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:58:48 GMT

Greetings,

 I would be interested in hearing about experiences running Oracle VLDB's (500GB - 1TB) on Windows NT - what kind of servers, reliability, ease of scalability, etc, etc. The application would be PeopleSoft 7.5, Financials and HR/Payroll.

 I, personally, would feel much safer running something like this on either a HP N-Class, Sun UltraEnterprise 5500 or IBM RS/6000 S80 (when it comes out in the fall), but "dead presidents" (ie: cost of unix servers vs intel) are talking very loud and clear to the management of my company.

 Fortunately, the "dead presidents" aren't drowning out other considerations such as reliablilty and scalability; I'm being asked about NT more from the perspective of its being another option.

 Thank you very much.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 12:58:48 CDT