Re: Other precompilers besides Pro*C????

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 07:59:24 -0400

That pre-supposes that everyone has Perl available. In the corporate world we must deal with change-control management, security, standardization and sometimes the limitations of what management will allow. I've been working in the UNIX world since 1994 and I have yet to work in a production environment where Perl is allowed. As a result I must work with "approved" tools such as Pro-C. Management just doesn't trust freeware that has not undergone thorough security testing and they don't want to trust their data to programming languages which don't have an established validation suite or IEEE standards.

Are there other programmers out there who work under similar restrictions?????

Ken