Oracle Personal Edition and thin JDBC-driver

From: Algragon <belhalhar_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 11:57:21 +0200

Dear Oracle developer,

I have a following problem with the usage of the Oracle Personal Edition: there is no OCI8 drivers for JAVA 2 and I have changed to the thin driver. This works with the Oracle-Server, if I work through the TCP/IP. Now I want to use the thin driver
for the Oracle Personal Edition with the BEQ-Protocol. Any attempt of the database connection causes the following message:

    Invalid Connect Data

I need a sample of the connection string for the JDBC thin driver for the connection to the Oracle Personal Edition or the information, that such connection is no possible.

Thanks in advance,

   Karsten (kgeisler_at_wandrei.de) Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 04:57:21 CDT