How to pass a ref cursor to a SP

From: Luca Cappelletti <cappellettiXXX_at_XXXprogrammers.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:19:55 GMT

Hi all
I need to pass a REF CURSOR to a stored procedure from a Java program. I tried to use the OracleCallableStatement setting the IN parameter with the setCursor call, but it doesn't seem to work. Using the thin driver, the execution causes a PROTOCOL ERROR (which is undocumented at the moment),
while using the OCI driver it causes an ORA01001 error (invalid cursor). The parameter I am passing is a java Resultset, that seems to be the right mapping to the Oracle REF CURSOR type. All the Oracle examples show how to get a REF CURSOR in return, no-one of them shows how to pass it as an input parameter.

Any hint?
Thanks anticipately,
Luca Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 06:19:55 CDT