Re: INDEX CREATE

From: Denny Koovakattu <denny_vk_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 17:46:24 GMT

Hi,

  Oracle locks the table for the index build. The 'ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified' is because another session is holding a lock on that table.

  Now, are you trying to create a second index with the same column list as the first index ? If yes, then this is not possible. Either drop the first index or change the column order for the second index.

  What is your PL/SQL block trying to accomplish ? Are you doing some testing ?

Regards,
Denny

--
Denny Koovakattu
denny_at_vitalsol.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 12:46:24 CDT