Howto pass database connection through COM?

From: <emaginniss_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:38:08 GMT

I am looking for a way to have a COM client create a connection to an Oracle database, then pass that connection to a COM server, but not have it reference any values that are specific to shared memory. Previously, I have used an MFC class that wrapped the OCI calls, then passed a pointer to that class from the client to the InProc COM server. Then, I tried using Oracle Objects for Ole, but the objects themselves are loaded InProc, and there seems to be no way to abstract out data members that are not memory space specific. Is there any way to pass a connection through COM that does not rely on shared memory?

Eric A. Maginniss
ericp_at_dmotorworks.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 10:38:08 CDT