Forcing case insensitivity

From: Steve Catmull <coscatmu_at_ihc.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:15:49 -0600

Is there a way to force a database or named source to force case insensitivity? The reason that I ask, is that I used to work with a personal version of SQL Anywhere and it had the option to force case insensitiviy when the database file was created.

I talked with the DBAs in my company, but nobody seemed to be familiar with any method. They all thought that the SELECT statements would have to be modified to use the upper function. This is not too feasible because I am dealing with an client app that will not offer that type of configurability.

By the way, the Oracle versions in question are 7.3.3 and 8.0.x.

Thanks,

Steve Catmull
IHC Received on Wed Jul 14 1999 - 13:15:49 CDT