Other precompilers besides Pro*C????

From: <shockerman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 02:07:05 GMT

Does anyone know of any other precompilers like Pro*C that would work with Oracle 7.3 and would maybe allow me to use a host variable within a DDL statement. I'm getting that error in Pro*C when I try to do something like:

EXEC SQL create table :tablenamefromc (rid number);

The exact error is here.

Parser error at line 66, column 24, file c:\practice\finals\byday\byday.pc:
EXEC SQL create table :sorted (rid number);

(1) PCC-S-02206, Host variables are not permitted within a DDL statement

If you don't specifically know if this will work in another compiler could you suggest it anyways so I can find out. Thanks. James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 14 1999 - 21:07:05 CDT