Re: How do I close cursors?

From: Carol Kuczborski <carol.kuczborski_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:00:20 GMT

Also, make sure you are closing the statement and result set. We were not doing that in our Java servlet code and it left the cursors open. By closing the statement and result set the cursor gets closed. You can run "select * from v$open_cursor" in SQL*Plus to view the open cursors and the first 60 characters of the SQL statment not being closed.

In article <7kq1p7$ieu$1_at_oceanite.cybercable.fr>,   "Manu" <emmanuel.pl.bontemps_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You need to increase the Oracle initialization parameter :
OPEN_CURSORS.
> It's a maximum number of cursors that can be opened by a session.
>
> Anastasios Kotsikonas a écrit dans le message
<7kpan9$l6u$1_at_news1.bu.edu>...

> >Hi all,
> >
> >another newbie question...
> >
> >I get this exception from my Java app connecting to 8i via JDBC:
> >
> >Internal Error:
> >java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded
> >
> > at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:181)
> > at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oopen.receive(Oopen.java:127)
> > at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.open(TTC7Protocol.java:350)
> > at
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.<init>(OracleStatement.java:129)
> > at

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.createStatement(OracleConnection.jav a:12
> 8)
> > at lwdb.LWList.GetByName(LWList.java:1944)
> > at lwd.List.getList(List.java:436)
> > at lwd.action.addUser.Begin(addUser.java:154)
> > at lwd.dispatch.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:246)
> >java.lang.Exception: Caught in:
> > at lwd.cos.email.error.RuntimeError.run(RuntimeError.java:86)
> > at

lwd.cos.email.error.RuntimeError.<init>(RuntimeError.java:62)

--
Carol Kuczborski
EDS/DEIS II Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/