Re: Migrating from Access to Oracle

From: <mdlcpgs_at_alpha.gns.cri.nz.nospam>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 99 13:44:48 +1200

>I've tried to use the migration utility but it has one problem, that it does
>not allow you to change were it stores the dat file that is created. So if
>you are like me where the software and data sit on different drives you will
>only be able to use the utility if you have enough space on the software
>drive and then manually move the dat file to the right place.

What I do is run the migration tool to point where it creates all the scripts and then abort it. I then edit the scripts to my satisfaction and execute in SQL-worksheet. I dont trust the migration tool to load the data automatically but is saves a lot of time in setting of tables and constraints, indices etc. Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 20:44:48 CDT