Re: Data Modeling Tools

From: <owais_anjum_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 06:57:08 GMT

In article <378A9C15.AE54C366_at_vsl.com.au>,   Steven Salvemini <stevens_at_vsl.com.au> wrote:
> Is there some sense in this, why not Designer 2000, is anyone finding
any severe

> limitations with it that say Erwin resolves????
>
> De Messemaeker Johan wrote:
>
> > "Joseph V. Morris" wrote:
> >
> > > What, if any, significance should be attached to the fact that to
date not
> > > one respondent has mentioned Designer/2000?
> >
> > Because Designer/2000 suxs big time :-)
>
> I think for data modeling, ERwin is a far better tool than
Designer2000. It is more user friendly, has a lot more very useful features and can be used effectively with a large number of databases. Agreed that its comparison utility is a bit buggy, still it reamains to be one of the strongets features of this tool. You can even compare two models. And practically, it is very common that you need to apply only a few changes to your databases. Erwin allows you to do that first in the model and then apply them to the database....the changes only So my vote is for Erwin.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 01:57:08 CDT