utlbstate/utlestat

From: Jet Long <jfllong_at_gte.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:58:16 GMT

Bulent, I am not able to reply your email because of some domain problem. So I have posted the reply in this newsgroup.

You will need to do the following:

  1. Detemine the period that is causing the performance issue
  2. Run the script utlbstat.sql using svrmgrl at the begining of that period. (The script should be located in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin)
  3. Run the script utlestat.sql at the end of the period. A file called report.txt should be generated.

Report.txt has a list of statistics about memory usage and I/O distribution. By looking at these statistics, you will have an idea ofwhat are going wrong.

Hope this help.

I read your response to a posting in Oracle.database list. I have similar problems, and I'm trying to find ways to increase speed. How can I use "utlbstat" and "utlestat", and what do they tell me?

Thanks you.

Bulent Gumus
Software Engineer
OnBoard Software, Inc.
Kelly AFB, Texas 78241

Ph: (210) 932 1683 Ext. 3392
Fax: (210) 925 2144
http://members.xoom.com/bgumus/
http://www.onboard-software.com

If the queries are already optimized, the next thing that should be done is to run "utlbstat" and "utlestat". These scipts will let you know what your bottlenecks are.