Re: ODBC information, references, books, ...

From: Charles Miller <cmiller_at_dillo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:37:10 -0500

<jeroen_valcke_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7mcnkl$lvv$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hey
>
> I am currently doing an internship in a software company.
> The project I'm doing now involves ODBC programming in C.
> Lately I'm stuck and don't seem to get anywhere.
> So I'm in desperate need for more information on ODBC. References,
> tutorials, code examples, ...
> I read and use the ODBC 3.51 reference on the MSDN library CDROM.
> Can anyone point out some good resources on the web. There doesn't
seem
> to be that much info online. I went to the MS ODBC website but
didn't
> find much of use.
> Pointers to some good books are also welcome.
> I thought about purchasing the 'Odbc 3.5 Developer's Guide' but it
> seems focused on C++
> Optimizing SQL : Understanding Microsoft ODBC?
> Any other good books you know of?
>
> Thankx
> -Jeroen-

Jeroen:

The book, ODBC 3.5 Developer's Guide by Roger E. Sanders (McGraw-Hill) is probably the most definitive guide available. About a 1000 pages of detailed examples for C programmers plus detailed explainations of each ODBC function.

This book would be available at any major book store with a large computer section or over the Internet from Amazon.com, Computer Literacy, etc.

If you are new to ODBC and need to write production code, get this book.

--
Charlie Miller

cmiller_at_dillo.com Received on Mon Jul 12 1999 - 09:37:10 CDT