Purchasing Oracle products

From: Jim Dally <jim_dally_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 00:24:23 -0700

I have been building Databases has an employee of various companies for the past few years. Recently I started a consulting firm of my own and need to purchase Oracle products for clients. I was not involved in the purchase of the Oracle products and therefore I am niave of the process.

I seem to recall someone telling me that the Oracle Sales staff will contact my clients once they become aware of their purchase. Is this the case and are there precautions to take to prevent Oracle from heisting my clients?

What do i need to do in order to become an Oracle Re-seller?? Is this a good program?

Is their standard pricing for Oracle products, if not is there latitude for negotiating prices?

Any helpful pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks in advance,
Jim Dally Received on Mon Jul 12 1999 - 02:24:23 CDT